Saturday, April 1, 2017
1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
64 Robbins Street
Waterbury, CT 06721
Rehabilitation Strategies for Cerebellar Dysfunction
[common treatment strategies for ET from both Physical and Occupational Therapy]
presented by Megan Rood, MSPT
At this meeting, we’ll discuss common treatment strategies from both Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy for managing the symptoms of Essential Tremor. Megan will address preventing falls, improving balance, and strategies to improve activities of daily living.
Megan Rood, MSPT received her Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from Northeastern University. She is currently the Program Director for Neurological Services for Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network, where she treats a large population of people with neurological deficits. Megan has completed advanced coursework to become a Certified Stroke Rehabilitation Specialist, as issued by the National Stroke Association. She is also LSVT BIG and PWR! Certified to treat Parkinson’s disease.
Megan works closely with the faculty of Physical Therapy programs at area universities to provide educational opportunities for students to gain exposure to treating the neurological population. She also regularly hosts clinically affiliating students who demonstrate an interest in treating the neurological population. Megan has provided Safe Steps balance and fall training nationally throughout the healthcare continuum.
Registration is requested – Inquiries are invited!
To register or request information, email Helen Moser or submit the form below.
Click here for driving directions and parking information.
- Free on-site parking lot.
Route 84 – Eastbound from New York or Danbury area
- Exit 18 (Chase Parkway). Turn right and go to the first traffic light. Then turn right and go to the next light. Turn right (this is West Main Street). Take the second left onto Robbins Street for 1/2 mile. Hospital is on the left.
Route 84 – Westbound from Hartford area
- Exit 18 (Highland Avenue/West Main Street). Take fork to West Main Street. Turn right (this is West Main Street). Take the first left onto Robbins Street for 1/2 mile. Hospital is on the left.
Route 8 – Northbound from Naugatuck or Bridgeport area
- Exit 32 (Downtown Waterbury). Continue straight through second light (West Main Street) moving into the far left lane, bear left under underpass to stop sign (Watertown Ave). Go straight up hill (Robbins Street). Hospital entrance is next right.
Route 8 – Southbound from Watertown, Thomaston or Torrington
- Exit 34 (West Main Street/Downtown Waterbury exit). Take a right at the end of the exit onto West Main Street. Take the first right onto Colley Street (this is a one-way street). Hospital is straight ahead, on Robbins Street.